With the conversation about Menopause on the rise, a collective of local businesses have come together to showcase the support and services available in the local community.
This is an inclusive event open to all people looking to learn more about this subject. If you are perimenopausal, menopausal, supporting partners, friends and colleagues, or looking to educate yourself in preparation – then this event is for you.
We have a great line-up of experts ready to share knowledge and insight as part of a panel discussion.
There will be an opportunity for Q&A and networking while enjoying a glass of fizz. Refreshments will be available upon arrival.
1. Anna Allerton is an Executive Coach who specialises in supporting individuals and businesses to help women maintain their careers during perimenopause and menopause. Anna is the founder of Allerton Coaching. She has an interest in supporting organisations to improve cultures and work smarter to retain top female talent. Anna has 17 years’ worth of experience in the corporate world and was a leading voice for women’s sport as a former journalist and TV Producer. She is a serving Non-Executive Director in the sport sector. (Follow: @allertoncoaching)
2. Dr Fionnuala Barton is a GP, Women’s Health Doctor and registered member of the British Menopause Society. She is passionate about optimising physical and emotional wellness for women at all stages of life and has particular interest in early recognition and management of perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms, POI, PMS and PMDD. Dr Barton is Founder of The Menopause Medic, an independent women’s hormone health clinic, that aims to provide empathetic, holistic, personalised, proactive, evidence-based women’s hormone health consultations. (Follow: @themenopuasemedic)
3. Ally Atkins is a personal trainer and functional mobility specialist who focuses on strength training and stability for women over 40. Ally’s expertise includes the very best exercise combinations to build strength, improve mobility and increase lean muscle mass – therefore increasing metabolism. Her workouts are low impact with a real focus on technique. (Follow: @allyatkinspt)
4. Pharmacist Dheran Ladwa owns and runs HH Dickman Pharmacy on the High Street in Berkhamsted. Dheran offers advice to support patients during perimenopause and menopause. With HRT shortages hitting the headlines, Dheran can offer insight into the situation and explore what your local pharmacy can offer women at this time. (Follow: @dickmans_chemist)
4. Your host for the evening is Jo Wilson – a leading presenter for Sky Sports News for almost 10 years. Jo spoke out publicly last year about her cervical cancer diagnosis after undergoing life-saving radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment. Passionate to raise awareness, Jo is using her experience to encourage more women to attend their smear tests. (Follow: @jowilsontv)